Sunday, September 18, 2011

7 months

Sweet chunky cheeks is 7 months 6 days old, I didn't really do a 6 month post (only her half birthday celebration), and I haven't really updated since she was 5 months in regards to development type things. Mom of the year right here. This feels like old news, but about two days after she turned 5 months she was sitting up on her own. About a week before she turned 6 months she decided to finally roll over while sleeping and we ditched the swaddle for good, which lead us to sleeping in her room all night long. This was a big obstacle for us. She now, on most nights, goes to bed at 9:30, wakes up at 7 ish to nurse, falls back asleep and sleeps until 9 or 9:30. Let's not kid ourselves though, we still go through the not so good nights when she ends up in bed with us around 4:00 in the morning. This girl is a rolling fool. She is already all over the place and gets closer and closer to crawling every day. I'm not too sure if I am ready for this and the house definitely isn't. Baby proofing is on the top of the to-do list. The day after she turned 6 months she was very upset that whole evening. I decided I would check her gums to see if her teeth might be hurting and sure enough two little sharp teethies had cut through. So, hopefully those pains will leave us for a little while. 

She is going through a growling and screeching/yelling phase. It can get quite loud and of course she thinks it is hysterical. These past two weeks she has been singing and humming all the time. I will hear her "hmmm" "mmm mmm" "aaahh ah" "ooo ooo" as she is playing, while I'm carrying her, or when a particular song comes on that I guess she likes. It is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. She loves for us to  read books to her now. This is one of my favorite things I do with her. She will sit in my lap and take in every word. She loves to turn the pages and is very good at it. Her two favorite books are  peek-a-boo animals, and safari animals. She wants us to read them over and over again especially in the evening between dinner and bath time. When we close them she starts hitting the from of the book, looks at us and grunts until we start over again. It is so crazy to see this little baby do such human activities. 

I apologize for the novel, but I had a lot of catching up to do. Now for some chubby baby goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment