Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day Weekend

I pretty much had the best Mothers Day ever (even though it's only my second). My Mothers Day weekend started out with a surprise delivery of beautiful tulips from Robby and Violet on Friday afternoon. Saturday we all slept in until 10:00 am! Whoa...What? Whoever gave Violet the memo that she should sleep in, you rule. You rule hard. We spent the morning watching Winnie The Pooh and snuggling on the couch. We also had a lovely visit from Lindsey and Lauren, some of my most favorite friends ever, who live in NYC now. It was so great to catch up with them. Perfect Saturday in my book.

Mothers Day was spent out at my Mema and Pa's house cooking out and playing outside. It was the most beautiful day. The weather could not have been more perfect and spending time with my family was even better. After Sunday evening church, Robby said we had one more stop to make before heading home. He knew I had been wanting some succulents for the house, so we headed over to Lowe's and I got to pick out which ones I wanted. When I came out of Violet's room from rocking her to sleep, Robby had laid out cardboard, and had everything setup for me to pot my new plants. He did so well at making me feel special and appreciated all weekend. I also kept getting the sweetest texts, tweets, and calls from friends and family all day. So, thank you to everyone who thought of me today, you really know how to make this mama feel special. All day I just kept thinking, "Mothers Day is better than my birthday." It was that good. 







No comments:

Post a Comment