Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I apologize in advance

I have another Valentines post. It seems that I become attached to holidays seeing as how we still have our Christmas Tree in our living room (sans ornaments).  Now this sweet little heart wreath is still hanging on our front door, and will most likely continue to for at least another week. Don't judge me!

I know this should have come along about 5 days ago, but I thought it was too cute not to share. I have been really into making wreaths this year, especially plush/fluffy ones. I found this tutorial for pom-pom wreaths and HAD to make one for Christmas. I just had to have a big wreath, so therefore it took me about 18 hours total and close to 120 pom-poms to complete the thing. It was worth it though, because hopefully we'll get to enjoy it as a part of our Christmas decor for many years to come. When my mom sent me this heart wreath tutorial it seemed much less daunting, but still the same level of cuteness :) It was super fun to make and from far away it looks like real flowers! Thank goodness my mom already had a circle die cut in the perfect size! Either of these wreaths can be made for any occasion or permanent decoration to any room by simply changing the shape of the wreath and color of the
yarn and felt. Any way, I just thought I'd share the Valentine that I gave to my house.





Thanks Mom for the photos!


Maybe this post will be cathartic for me and I will finally start putting up my holiday decorations in a timely manner.  Hope everyone had a cozy evening. 

- Savannah k

1 comment:

  1. Love IT! It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! LOL.... You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete